30 July 2011

Look to the Rainbow


A few friends and I saw Idina Menzel perform with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley this evening.  Keith Lockhart was the conductor for the night and this was his last show as director emeritus for the Symphony. Idina sang songs from Wicked, Rent, Glee, along with some well known classics and she had the audience join her a couple of times.  She was quite the entertainer and even stopped mid-song to tell a couple of stories and then finished the song. It reminded me of when I play the piano except that I will start playing one song and then start playing a different song without completing the first. Idina offered to end the concert when the rain started but the crowd, myself included, cheered for her to continue and continue she did. Idina's voice is clear and her range, endless, and I would pay to see her again.

No comments: