03 August 2011

21+9



 Thirty years ago today, you were born. I remember waking up and hearing Grandpa B explain that mom and dad were at the hospital because we would soon have a little sister. You are the youngest child and I admit that I once resented the fact that you were able to stay with mom and the grandparents when dad had surgery while Clay and I spent time with extended family and friends. I guess that's the middle child in me, wanting everyone to be together. I admire your courage, determination, and strength. You became a business owner at the age of 23 and continue to succeed while also excelling in your role as wife and mother. I am in awe with your goodness and selflessness as you give to others in the midst of a 'what's in it for me' world. You know how to make me laugh. Remember when we would drive to see the dressed up goose and attempt to take pictures without being caught? Or what about the time we went to the greenbelt to run/rollerblade and it was so windy that I ended up pushing you around the lake? In so many ways, I consider you to be the older and wiser sister and I am blessed to call you my closest friend. You may be 30 years-old, but in my mind, you will forever be 21.
Happy Birthday, Pip! Love you much.  

3 comments:

Ralph Mortensen said...

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day....every things going my way. Memory walk again. Happy Birthday, Daynna and Happy Day Shelley. Love Ya Lots.

stacie lewis said...

I LOVE sisters!! and beautiful sister memories!

Teachinfourth said...

After all this time you still like her? Well, I guess you should keep her after all...and your parents probably have lost the receipt by now anyhow.