12 November 2011

I Am the Favorite


I think it's safe to say(write) that I am the favorite aunt. Since there are so many examples to back up this claim, I will focus on my niece Noelle-a-belle. She lives in the Pacific Northwest and I try to visit her and her sister Brinners every 3-4 months. During one of my most recent visits, Noelle was determined to move to Utah with me and she had an answer for any concerns from her family. "Shelley will buy me all new toys and I can visit you during Christmas break." Then it came time for her birthday and she needed a new frog shirt. Whom did she say would come through? Me. She likes to point out that we have the same blue-green eyes. She likes and makes requests for me to sing ridiculous songs about a puppet named Jose and his sombrero. Let's not forget the fact that she actually talks to me whereas she is often silent around other family members. The one area where we disagree on is Jimmer. She is not a fan and I blame it on the fact that her dad is a University of Oregon graduate but I'll keep trying. And now, she isn't eating chocolate...just like her aunt. She refuses to eat chocolate chip cookies and wants her s'more sans chocolate. I'm not 100% sure that she is refusing chocolate since I am allergic(shocking, I know) and she wants to be like me, but it seems like the most logical explanation.

1 comment:

courtney said...

You'd be my favorite auntie too. :)