27 October 2011

MITE Night

I heard about a weekly event called MITE(most interesting thing ever) Night where people give a fifteen minute presentation on a topic and then there is a question and answer period. The topics are pre-approved and must edify, inform, and not be a sales pitch.Tonight's topic was interactive television and the presenter was very entertaining. Past topics include: how to deliver a baby, history of the printing press, humanitarian trips, and basic car maintenance. My friends and I met some new people and had a great time. As we left, one friend turned to me and said "Is that what we came to see? I thought we were going to a mic(karaoke) party." We all had a good laugh and then she said the following, "I even put on eyeliner in preparation for the night." And now all events will be judged according to whether it is eyeliner worthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shel, I live for these posts :)