22 October 2011

Denver in the Fall

Meags and I just returned from a visit with Ben, Allison, Rosie, and Evie. I had a great time and Ben and Allison were incredible hosts and very easy going. I have known Ben and Allison for several years so it was nice to catch up on life, watch scary movies, help Rosie learn to walk, and shop for the perfect pair of boots. 

 Upon our arrival in Denver, we went for a walk. I was in charge of the girls and Meags was in charge of the dogs. 

 We made delicious sugar cookies which Meags cut out freehand since we didn't have a pumpkin cookie cutter. The little ladies couldn't wait to try one. 

 We went shopping in downtown Denver. 

 Meags and I "played" a friendly game of chess and clearly I was the winner. 

 As we were leaving the chess playing area, we noticed a wizard and had to take his(our) picture. I imagine he was telling the other guy about the Marauder's map and the best situations in which one would use the invisibility cloak. 

 We went for a hike in Boulder and then played at the park. The girls loved the swings. 

 Once a Cougar, always a Cougar. Well, except that Meags went to the U, but I'm pretty sure she likes BYU more than Utah. 

 On our final day in Denver, we decided to go on a bike ride. We should be wearing helmets like our friend John. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

OH I love you girls and having you here for a few days! COME BACK SOON!!!!