28 October 2011

I Hear a Symphony


A few months ago, I decided to buy a series of tickets to the Utah Symphony and tonight was the first one of the season for me. The Utah Symphony featured Special Guests The Kings Singers and I found myself smiling and tapping my foot as they sang an eclectic mix including The Beatles All You Need is Love to Somewhere Over the Rainbow to Jason Mraz's I'm Yours. The man next to me kept asking his wife if he could check the score of the BYU game and the World Series and I laughed because as much as I love the Symphony, I also wanted updates.

On the drive home, I had to take a rather long detour due to police closing several blocks near my house. As I took an alternate route, more police, firetrucks, and an ambulance went by and I had to take another detour as the police closed that road. Eventually I made it home and cried for several minutes in joy over the Cardinals win in the World Series or maybe it was due to BYU's loss to TCU.

No comments: