09 June 2008

Sharmane is now what? Baptized!


I met Sharmane when she moved in with my friend Rachelle. Sharmane is amazing, funny, friendly, a great dancer, and strong inside and out. She started attending church, took the missionary discussions and was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Friday the 6th of June. Rachelle gave a talk on baptism and I spoke on the Holy Ghost. I'm so happy for Sharmane and it's wonderful to see the change in her life and countenance since she was baptized. After the baptism Sharmane made us dinner. Yes, you read correctly. Sharmane made her friends dinner after her own baptism. Did I complain? No way. Sharmane is attending culinary arts school and can cook for me anytime.

4 comments:

irishkaren said...

how cool to read that, I've just been sitting studying the RS lesson for sunday on sharing the gospel. Baptisms are the best! (and so is the food after lol)

Kristen said...

And you have a standing invitation over to the now fully-mormon casa of ours. :)

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Thanks Kristen. I'll be right over.

Christina said...

awesome!! I was baptized on the 6th of June too - only not this year He he.
The gosel is a wonderful thing!!