06 February 2012

Super Bowl

I walked into the Super Bowl party and was immediately asked, "Where are the stuffed mushroom?" You see. We don't mess with tradition at this party and we know what we like. Luckily, the stuffed mushrooms would arrive shortly and all would be well. Or would it? There I was cheering for the Giants among a sea of Patriots fans. Good thing Bruce and Jamie were also cheering for the Giants or else I would be alone. I'm almost certain those cheering for the Patriots received the email from QB Tom Brady's wife, asking friends and family to cheer and pray for Tom and his team.

Before the start of the game, we each guessed the score at halftime and the final score. Some people use a notebook to keep track of the guesses but we prefer a paper plate. I was tied for the closest predicted halftime score, but lost because I picked the Giants to be ahead. Who was the winner at the end of the game by picking the winning team and being closest to the final score? Me. 

Next stop? Vegas. 

2 comments:

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

I was so sad I wasn't able to be there :( maybe next year!!

Anonymous said...

Fun....Shel! Hey, I miss you...hope things are great!