05 September 2010

I believe

My nephew Syden and I went to the Bull Riding event at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. As we were leaving the fairgrounds, there was a 3 year-old boy being taken to Security because he had been separated from his family. My dad, Syden, and I briefly listened as the police questioned the young boy. On the drive home, Syden asked me over and over again "What happens if the little boy's family doesn't find him." "Will the parents remember they have a son?" As we walked into my parent's home, I asked Sy if he would like to pray for the young boy. My father offered a prayer and then as I drove Sy to his house, we were able to talk about my experience with prayers being answered. Although we don't know the ending of the story for the lost little boy, I believe Sy gained a greater understanding of faith and prayer. Each moment provides an opportunity to teach and learn.

No comments: