16 September 2010

Winner!

My friend Rachel invited me to a cooking class this evening. The crowd was small but oh so entertaining. We learned to make caramel rolls, pretzels, and cheeseburger surprise which was a surprise I did not like. Rachel, Meags, and I felt eating the food was more important than actually learning to make the recipes. The head baker and her cohort have an interesting dynamic that I feared may turn into a fist fight at any moment. We entered our names in a drawing, patiently watched rolls sliced, dipped and baked, and then it was time to partake of the goodness. A mom with two young children 'happened' to walk by as the food was being served which meant she no longer had to buy anything since there was free food. A couple on the front row sat in the chairs and ate off the serving plate near the end of the event. Convenient for them? Yes. Not so appealing for the rest of us? Again the answer is yes. It was then time for the drawing and I openly hoped that people would leave so I could win. Meags won a pie and I won....frozen rolls.