12 December 2010

Christmas Song

While decorating my parent's home for Christmas, my niece started singing, "We dish you a Merry Christmas. We dish you a Merry Christmas. We dish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year." I turned to Avry and attempted to sing her the correct song only to hear Avry again sing, "We dish you a Merry Christmas..."

Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I received a call from Avry's mother. She began explaining that Avry was watching tv and called her mom into the room to hear a song, the above Christmas song, which was featured on a commercial. For which company was the song being used? DISH network. And the lights suddenly came on and I finally understood why Avry sang "We dish you a Merry Christmas" rather than "We wish you a Merry Christmas."

2 comments:

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

Somewhere someone that makes the Dish Network commercials is smiling!!!!

Jamie said...

Oh to be a kid again, esp. at christmas time.