16 December 2010

The Bob's

As I was reading the local newspaper this morning, I learned that a beloved building in Provo was on fire, the Provo Tabernacle. While attending BYU, I participated in a Stake Choir which was anything but ordinary. For example, did your stake choir have a brass section? I didn't think so. Each Thanksgiving/Christmas, the stake choir sang in the tabernacle and one of the favorite songs was Come Thou Fount. We also had an Easter Sunrise Service which was an experience I will never forget as we listened to Stake President Truman G Madsen. Our Organist is now the Associate Director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. We often sang music arranged by Mack Wilberg as the director of the choir, Jim Kasen, was a friend of Mack's. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to sing in the choir and be around amazing people, but I must admit that I most appreciate two friends I met during this time, Bob L and Bob R(also known as Leah and RayLynne.) We spent a lot of time together and soon we found ourselves in a pre-law class, which is when we became 'Bob'. Bob R and I drove to Idaho when Bob L was married and Bob L drove in a snowstorm to be with me when I first went to the temple. Bob R is getting married soon and I look forward to being with her on that date. Being in the Bob friendship has changed my life and I know I am truly blessed.

No comments: