26 October 2010

Brain Injury

Dear Shannon, please visit with Koji(pictured left with Jen) to learn which way a helmet should be worn. Actually, I think Shan wore it backwards on purpose. Or did she? I went to see the movie Wipe Out which documents the lives of three extreme athletes who each received a traumatic brain injury. I found myself seeing my clients instead of the faces of the athletes. After the movie, there was a panel discussion and a drawing for prizes which included helmets, goggles, headphones, and skateboards. I crossed my fingers as the first number was read and then I yelled thinking my friend had won only to see the guy in front of me retrieve his free ski passes. My heart beat faster and faster as more numbers were drawn and I imagined myself riding a bike with a brand new helmet. At the end of the night, Jen and Shan each went away with a free helmet while Bethany and I left empty handed.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't go private silly, I just went to a new blog. thetaylorsadventures.blogspot.com. you can just go to it.

Jennifer Mosher said...

My heart was racing too - hoping "I'D" win the ski passes!

ha ha ha - but I'm happy with the helmet!!! Whoo-hoo