03 February 2010

Scared of the Tax Man

I approach the road that leads me home when I see him. The tax service sign holder. You know, the guy who wears the statue of liberty outfit and has a large red foam hand he waves as I drive by. At first, I would smile and wave, but now I avoid. I think he's memorized my ritualistic comings and goings and just when I think I've made it home without a tax man sighting, 'Ta-Da,' he appears out of nowhere.

*Disclaimer: I understand the tax man gets paid to wave at me and really, I should think of him as my own person welcome home committee. On the flip side, maybe I like to keep a low profile and I think he may be logging my every move in some secret notebook he keeps on his person.

4 comments:

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

I hate the tax man! It reminds me that I have to pay taxes soon and being self employed I always have to pay.

Suedles said...

I read your title and thought you had a run-in with the tax people of my agency...glad it was just the creepy statue-of-liberty-clad guy peddling tax services.

Shannon said...

He is creepy. And newsflash, the Statue of Liberty is not red. Some people's kids. :)

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Yup...I have seen your name in that little black book a dozen times. He showed me. Word of advice: Just sneak by on 11th...