01 July 2008

H-O-R-S-E

Mike asked if I wanted to play H-O-R-S-E and I wasn't sure I wanted to play because I haven't shot a basketball for quite some time. I decided to play and ended up winning. And by winning, I mean that there was no way I could lose. Maybe Mike was having an off night or maybe I'm just that good. On second thought, he probably was having an off night.
After Mike and I finished playing, Gundry, David, and Jennifer decided to play P-I-G so it would be a shorter game. Shorter game? Yeah right. A crowd gathered to watch the game and Elliott was a great water guy. We thought David was going to lose many times, but he always made his life saving shot. I was feeling pretty good about the game, until David started bringing out the props. 'This is what you're going to do. Jump over the chair and shoot with your right hand or run, grab the frisbee off the chair with your left hand and shoot with your right.' Luckily he either missed or Mike would miss so I wasn't forced to try sustaining a brain injury while playing. We should have worn helmets.
At one point, David stood with his back to the basket and threw the ball over his head and made the shot. Mike was after David and he too made the shot which meant it was my turn to do the same. A hush came over the crowd and I asked Gundry to make sure the ball didn't end up in the fire. I took a deep breath and tossed the ball. I didn't dare watch the ball fly through the air. The crowd went wild, high fives were exchanged, and I was in shock that I made the basket.
At the end of P-I-G, David won gold, I won silver, and Mike won bronze.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

It was a truly amazing night. Your incredible shot will be talked about for years to come.

Emilee said...

That is awesome! And of course you are "that good." Remember when Lindsey beat Dave in elimination in front of the whole ward and he got a little peeved? That was the best. (Love you Dave).

Anonymous said...

All that I can say is that you must of had a great coach who taught you the ins and outs of the game. The only problem was the left hand. Keep up the good work. Rufus

Kristen said...

Was there dramatic background music when the behind the shot basket was made? Watch out because some Hollywood producer is going to catch wind of this and want it as the next blockbuster sports hit.

Christina said...

You are the basketball QUEEN!