23 July 2008

We can't afford to be innocent

I went to the Pat Benatar concert this evening with a few friends. We stood in line for less than an hour and ended up on the front row. My heart was beating as I thought about seeing Pat live and I'm pretty sure we had perma-grins the entire night.
Lindsay Rush opened for Pat and Neil and she was a pretty good singer, but all I wanted was Pat and Neil to come on stage. When Pat and Neil finally came on stage, the crowd went wild. Pat sang the songs everyone knows including Hit Me With Your Best Shot even though she doesn't like to sing that one anymore. At one point Neil looked at us on the front row and said 'many of you weren't born when we first started singing.' Pat smiled at me and she touched my hand. I thought about never washing that hand again, but I knew my health inspector roommate would not approve of that decision. And more importantly, I wouldn't approve of the decision to not wash my hands. I sound like I have multiple personalities.
Back to the concert. Pat was entertaining and sounds great live. We sang along to every song and lost our voices and hearing by the end of the night. I felt like I was in the movie Bucket List and seeing Pat put one more drop in my bucket. Such an incredible concert.

8 comments:

Phil Honus said...

did she sing "hell is for children?" actually, that's not even my favorite song- 'we belong' is my favorite- but I thought I would sound cooler if I mentioned something more obscure.

Marie said...

Sher, how fun!!! It looks like such an awesome night! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I was once given a Best of Pat and Blondie CD and loved it. I'm going to find that CD and jam out this very evening.

Teachinfourth said...

Whoa...so Neil Diamond performed with Pat?

If they did, they could collaborate their songs with a new hit like, "America is a Battlefield."

SHELLS BELLS! said...

That would have been awesome to have Neil Diamond sing with Pat.The Neil mentioned in this post is Pat's husband Neil Giraldo.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Wow...pretty awesome there sis. To think of being touched on the hand...ah what a great day that would be. Health Inspector, Schmealth inspector...I hope you let it sink in.

Jason and Abby said...

I love that you went to that concert!

Candice said...

Shelly,
Thank you for welcoming me into the blog world with welcome arms and a comment on my blog. i miss book club days, and your enlightenment.