03 July 2008

I own the Boston Celtics

When I was in middle school, I was student of the month and at the end of the year, I won a prize. What prize? 1 share of Boston Celtics stock. I remember talking to a financial adviser and he told me about my new investment and all the money I would make with my 1 share. I have received a check in the amount of $1-2 every year since middle school and after awhile, I forgot about my share. Besides, I was told the stock would be sold to someone else after one year.
A couple years ago I received a letter saying that the Boston Celtics, or actually, Henley Limited Partnership, would like to buy my stock for $20. I signed a form and soon received the $20 check in the mail. I no longer owned stock in the Boston Celtics. At least, that's what I thought, until my mom handed me a check yesterday for $5.35 from Henley Limited Partnership as 'final' payment for selling my stock. The last paragraph of the letter that came with the check explaining why I received the money, said that I could possibly receive more money in the coming years.
I'm going to be rich. Go Celtics.

8 comments:

Dylan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phil Honus said...

So do you think Dylan was being sincere when he said this is a really great post?
Shells, you've gone blog-crazy. Took me a while to catch up on what you've wrote. How's it going, btw?
In Bangkok, Thailand right now. Headed north to Laos starting Saturday-ish. Having lots of fun.
Let me know about your life and stuff.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Pretty sure Dylan tells everyone they write really great posts.

Kristen said...

So you have tons of money and own lots of stock?

If you were male, we'd already be in Vegas.

Sara said...

too funny!

how random that you got that in middle school -- was that at good ol' MVMS?

Milly said...

sell out...

Jason and Abby said...

Wow look at you! You're hideously rich!

Anonymous said...

That $20 could maybe get you one ticket and if you sit in the nose bleed section a nice hot-dogger to boot.