11 April 2008

I have to go

Frantically I run up the stairs and into the condo pausing only briefly to say hello to my roommates. I change my clothes and I'm on my way out the door. I am stopped by questions: "What are you doing? Who are you going with?" To these questions I answer, I'm leaving the condo to see friends and I'll be back later. As I run down the stairs, I make sure I have everything I will need. Water bottle-check. Purse-check. Wallet-check. Camera-check. Burt's Bees lip balm-check. Burt's bees lip balm-check.(I always carry at least 2 in my purse in case I lose one). I'm feeling pretty good because I'm going to make it on time and then it hits me- the "I have to go to the bathroom even though I haven't had a lot of water recently and I just went 30 minutes ago, but soon I'll be sitting for a few hours and there is no way I am missing one minute of(insert activity here) so I better go before it starts urge."
Why does this happen and don't pretend that it doesn't happen to you because I've asked some pretty reliable sources and they have also encountered the need to go. Until this mystery is solved, I will do my best to allow a few extra minutes before activities begin so that I can go to the restroom. Speaking of restrooms, I have to go.

4 comments:

Lohra said...

Is this one of those posts you started but weren't going to publish? No need to be shy about normal bodily functions...and while I'm not going to share anything...I'm glad you're back.

Jason and Abby said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm going to add you to my Blog if that's okay?!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

You may never know which posts I started and may or may not publish, but this is not one of them.
Of course you can add me to your blog Abby!

Phil Honus said...

You know, I have that problem all the time, especially when I'm getting ready to go to the bathroom