16 April 2008

Accident prone

On Friday the 11th of April I drove home to Idaho for the weekend with a few friends. I was calling a friend on the phone and as I turned the corner to head down the hallway of my parents house, I stubbed my toes on a roll of flooring that is going to be installed in the bathroom. Somehow I made it through the call and then fell to the floor in pain. My middle toe took most of the beating and I popped it once, but it is still misshapen and purple.
The next day I was coming out of the bathroom and my right arm ran into the doorknob. Truly a miracle that I didn't get a bruise from that encounter. Later that day I walked Syden to the car so he could go to the church with my mom. I buckled him in, turned around, and the left side of my body ran into a brick wall. I was a little surprised at this and stood for a moment collecting my thoughts and then started laughing and went inside to tell everyone what happened.
Sunday was game day. I went to the hall closet and as I reached for Catch Phrase, flashlights came flying out of the cupboard and just as I was rejoicing that nothing fell on my toes, a large aerosol can of something hit me on the head. I turned to see if anyone had noticed and of course one person saw the whole fiasco. I laughed out loud and cried on the inside as I felt the bump on my head. Later that night I was holding my niece Avry and we were putting the game away when an easter basket fell on Avry's head. At that moment I realized I should have spent the weekend in a bubble.

7 comments:

Kaydi Paxman said...

your poor toes! that looks painful! bubble wrap, you need bubble wrap!

Shannon said...

Wow...never realized how clutsy you were. Did you ever use to watch that show about the boy in the bubble? I always felt so sorry for him. Sorry about your toes!

Leah Marie said...

Poor Bob, sometimes life is just difficult.

Jason and Abby said...

Ooooh goodness! That looks so painful! I'm so sorry! You pulled it off today at church though, i would have never known! Wow, I'm sorry, poor sexy toes!

Milly said...

it always starts with the toes...

Kristen said...

Have we already discussed an Idaho connection? Perhaps we should carpool next time. Something about the northlands makes me uneasy. It'd be nice to have a friend. :)

Christina said...

I would dare say your toe is broken. And what a weekend. I highly recommend bubble wrap it works wonders (especially against overactive children) :)
Excited to see you sometime in the future.