19 April 2008

Feeling lucky


Construction on 33rd S is driving me crazy. I exit the condo on 11th E and usually wait in a long line of cars being driven by people who thought that driving through the condo complex would save them time. They are so wrong. Eventually someone lets me turn left onto 11th and soon I make it to work. I battle the cars and construction on the way home as well.
One morning I tried to turn right onto 33rd from the condo only to find the exit is blocked because of the roadwork. I back up and find another way to leave to complex. Later that night I drive down 33rd and find that I can't turn into the complex from 33rd nor can I turn onto 11th E. I turn right onto 11th and make a U-turn and 10 minutes and 20 potholes later I am home. I find a new way home each night. Just because I can leave one way in the morning does not mean I can return the same way. And what's up with the no left turns for what seems like 500 miles? I'm not even sure what they are working on but I do know that I'm not very hopeful that the roads will be fixed. Instead they will try to cover up the problem and we'll go through this nightmare again next Spring. My thinking is that it would be more cost effective to really fix the road instead of masking the problem every year, but what do I know?

6 comments:

Hoopswim said...

Gas line from 2700 E to 9000 W almost done, storm drain 900 E to 1300 E beginning last Monday,and then resurfacing from 700 E to 1300E beginning in June... all done in that order and should be completed by the fall. I too have been driven crazy by all of this. No good, but at least the Jazz are kicking butt!!!

Jason and Abby said...

oh man! I also am fed up with 33rd south! It drives me bonkers! I about lost a tire going through there the other day! I was going slow too!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Suz-Bless you for your knowledge. As long as the Jazz continue winning, I am willing to forget about the annoyingness of 33rd.

Leah Marie said...

You are your silly solutions to problems.

'really fix the road'

Thanks cute.

Brittney said...

I hate the construction on 33rd South! I don't know how much longer I can deal with it!

Lohra said...

3300 S is dead to me.