30 December 2011

An Idaho Christmas

The Holiday 'o' Fun activities have helped kindle the Christmas spirit within and for that I am most grateful. I usually dread the drive to Idaho during the holiday season but this year was different. No snow in the 801 and very little snow in B town. Sy and Avy Shae ran into the house, yelling my name and attacked me with hugs which is pretty much the best welcome ever.

I spent time reflecting on some of my favorite Christmas memories which include re-enacting the Nativity with extended family, Grandma B's peanut brittle, sleigh rides and caroling with Grandpa B, singing with the women's correctional center choir and singing with dad at the state hospital, and hiding random items in mom's nativity set on the piano.

 I failed in the picture taking department this Christmas. So much was going on and I obviously was too caught up in the moment to capture the events on film. Between making cookies, watching movies, lunch with cousins, reading, sleeping, viewing Christmas lights, and Harper being born, I took the following pictures of family members wearing Grandma and Grandpa Bingham's glasses and a cousins sleepover: 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a BLAST!