10 December 2011

HOF + Holiday Specs= Magic

There were two Holiday 'o' Fun activities this week with the first one being a movie night. We watched Rudolf and The Muppet Christmas Carol. I will say that the latter movie followed Dickens classic quite well and included direct quotes from the novel. 

This picture was taken just before Simon was saved from the fire:

Tonight we ventured to Temple Square with my Holiday Specs and it was incredible. I stumbled upon these magical glasses a few years ago and I have continued to purchase a set each year as I end up giving several pairs to others enjoying the lights. My Christmas light experience has never been the same since discovering the blessed 3D glasses which allow one to see snowflakes, gingerbread men, Santa, angels, or candy canes in each  bulb of light.
Many people stared.  Some people called us names. Some were nice and we let them experience the magic. One of the best moments was when a girl was taking our picture and we all screamed when the camera flashed and the girl thought she broke the camera. I explained why we screamed and let her use the glasses and she was relieved to know she didn't need to buy me a new camera.

Taylor tried to sing at the Visitor's Center. Good thing the microphone wasn't on:

View of the lights through Snowflake 3D glasses:

Sharing the glasses with others:

Magical Glasses:

The claw or Crouching Tiger which is both ferocious and cute:

We then went to Hatch Family Chocolates for hot chocolate and steamers and spent hours waiting in line and talking to random stranger and then spent hours laughing and discussing all things current events. As we left, we had a nice little chat with the confectioners, Steve and Katie.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Sweet! Next time I go to Temple Square at Christmas, I will have to purchase said glasses. Thanks for this newfound knowledge.