15 December 2009

At a bookstore near you

* Two women in their 70s meet weekly to edit the book they are writing. Good news, Thelma has quit smoking.

* A man and a woman meet for the first time after chatting online. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Fred has once again found love.

* Cathy, the barista, greets customers by name. "Hi, Ryan." "Hello, Joan. How are your children?" This is the place where everyone knows your name. And your life story.

*Jim talks on the phone with his soon to be ex-wife(don't ask me how I know this. I just do) and argues about the children.

* I see a behaviorist whom I work with on a monthly basis. Good thing I have a monthly summary next to my laptop so it appears as though I am working.

6 comments:

stacie lewis said...

So funny!!

Candice said...

who needs books, when all that is happening.

Melinda said...

Now all we need are pictures of these characters!

Ralph Mortensen said...

Why go to the movies when you can catch everything around you. Just take a moment to watch and listen.

Suedles said...

You definitely need to snap some pics. Perhaps cut a hole in a book big enough for your camera and then cough each time you take a picture.

Lindsey said...

Wish I could work from a bookstore!!!