25 February 2008

Twenty-ten

I turned 30 on Thursday the 21st of February. So many thoughts on turning 30, but I'll save that for another post. I believe that birthday celebrations should last at least one week. This year was no exception. Here are some of the highlights:

Weekend with the family in Idaho doing nothing but relaxing and becoming a climbing wall for Syden and Avry Shae.












Dinner at Kyoto on my actual birthday. We also had shakes from Iceberg where I learned from the cashier that I am an indecisive person. As if I didn't know that already.

Benihana. Where myself and 30+ of my closest friends celebrated.

Dinner and Karaoke at Jamie and Bruce's. I was hesitant to sing and then once I was given the microphone, there was no stopping me. What can I say? I'm an incredible singer. I believe a certain person made reference to the fact that I was like a juke box someone kept putting quarters in. I think that was meant as a compliment. They would have taken the microphone away if I was horrible right?

A few other things I did to celebrate include attending a Utah Jazz game, eating at Brick Oven in Provo, receiving a facial and a pedicure(pampering is very important), and watching BYU men's basketball beat Utah...again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you should get a month of pampering when you turn 30...I'll see what I can rig up

Christina said...

So sorry I missed you b-day. I knew it was in Feb, but well yikes - what can I say. But, seeing that picture of you with the microphone reminded me of a night in my apt where you and bruce and scoutie were singin to Jashel. How fun those days were (not to say that my days aren't fun anymore, but my kids look at me very funny when I start using my thumb as a microphone - even though it's okay for them to do it.) Anyway - happy birthday.