26 February 2008

In need of a one-way ticket to Heaven

My nephew Syden has been obsessed with finding a husband for me and he will suggest guys I should marry. For some reason, the guys he picks either have a mullet, are missing most of their teeth, or are unemployed. On a good day, the guy fits all of the above descriptions. This is the most recent conversation he had with his mom:

"Mom, remind me why Shae isn't married."

"Well, she hasn't found the right person. You have to have a boyfriend and then you get married."

"Oh. Next time you talk to Shae tell her that her husband died. When she gets to heaven she needs to find him so she can get married."

Bless you Syden. Why I'm not married is no longer a mystery.

5 comments:

Lohra said...

Isn't it nice to have someone looking out for you? You know, doing for you what you can't do for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your husband knows mine, cuz I think he's where yours is too.

Anonymous said...

Now liking dead guys is definitely a change of scenery might work for you..long live the vampires. maybe syden knows something after all.. love love

A STAR is born said...

What about "your husband was killed in the war in Heaven"? I like that one because it paints him as a valiant, brave soldier who's sitting on some throne in the clouds, just waiting for me and my mad passion.
Just a thought.

Kristen said...

i'm soooooo happy we're blog friends.

ANd I'm glad I could clear up my resemblence to Superman. Now you don't have to wonder. ;)