11 February 2008

Cyberchondriac

Warning: The following may contain material that has been slightly exaggerated to prove my point, but is mostly true. Maybe my next blog will discuss the importance of being honest. Back to the topic at hand-my issue with certain textures and food. I decided to ask the worldwide web, and sure enough, my problem has a name-Sensory Integration Dysfunction. The following are my SID symptoms.
Let's start with foods:
I really enjoy frozen go-gurts. What a nice taste treat. I bought the generic brand and I should have stuck with yoplait. Last night, I decided to try the watermelon flavored one and then I saw what color the go-gurt is-green. I can't eat green yogurt even in frozen form. It tasted fine so I didn't look at the go-gurt while eating and I gave myself a pep-talk. "Shelley, it's okay to eat green yogurt. You can do this."
Nachos. I love nachos, but I would like the chips on one plate and all the toppings on another. Who likes soggy chips? Or soggy anything for that matter? Speaking of sogginess. Cake and ice cream do not belong in the same bowl together nor should they ever be touching.
Moving onto textures:
I put a sweater on this morning after I spent 2 minutes convincing myself I could wear it because I knew my skin didn't like the fabric. My body became tense and stiff and I thought I was going to hyperventilate so I quickly took the sweater off and resolved to try again another day. Sure, I could wear a long sleeve shirt under the sweater, but part of the sweater might touch my skin at some point during the day and I'm not willing to take that chance.
I don't know why sheets were invented. In addition, some blankets should never be sold to the general public. Who wants to cuddle up with a wool blanket that will leave you itching, kicking, and screaming? Let the search commence for the perfect blanket. Socks. I hate socks. More specifically, I hate when the socks bunch up by my toes. I have to take my shoe off, adjust the sock, and then put my shoe on again. It's even worst when I am working out and my sock is bothering me or I get a small rock in my shoe. So frustrating.
I think that's enough disclosing for one day. I'm late for my therapy session.

7 comments:

Lohra said...

I thought you were going to talk about your inexplicable fear of all things internet what with your title. Most of the things you mentioned are normal...you may need to get over that green food thing...and your distate for opening peanut butter.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I like a lot of green foods-green beans, brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinach. Want me to keep going? Yogurt should not be green nor should ice cream. And I thought you were going to be on call whenever I need a jar of peanut butter opened.

Sara said...

Yay for finding me!! :) That's why I wanted to use my blogger site more because I knew there were more people out there -- like you-- that I needed to find! Thanks for commenting and adding me to your site. I love reading your blog. Hilarious. I wonder if you'd have liked the pink scrambled eggs I made for my kids today at breakfast?! It was pretty weird -- I had to convince myself to eat them as well. The kids didn't even care. They thought they were cool. :)

Keep in touch! I love blogging. :)

Sara said...

p.s. I linked to your site on my blog-- hope you don't mind.

and p.p.s. how do you get your comments to come up on a different page rather than that annoying pop-up?

Milly said...

you do love when people think you have socks on and try to take them off with their feet under the table, only to find out...you are not wearing socks and your feet were rubbed by their feet for no reason!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I know how you feel. AND, I just bought the BESTEST SOFTEST blanket EVER at TJMaxx in Pocatello on our latest trip back to the states. :)

Added your blog to my ROLL, hope that's ok. If it's not, I hope you can deal with it ;)
Melissa

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!