19 December 2007

Christmas is coming

Hi, my name is Shelley and I'm a Christmas shopping procrastinator. Admitting I have a problem is the first step right? I've made at least 2 kazillion lists of what I need to buy this year and I finally went shopping on Friday. My New Year's Resolutions for 2007 did not include delaying my shopping until the week before Christmas, but I'm up for the challenge.
The plan was to be finished with my shopping by the 1st of December, but that date has come and gone and I still haven't shipped the presents to my brother and his family in Oregon. Sorry Clay, Tennie, Brinners, and Noelle-a-belle. At the rate I'm going, you will receive a package from me on or before July 4, 2008. My intentions are good, in fact they are great. I'm trying to be more practical in my gift giving to family members and I know they will love that[insert 1/2 c of sarcasm here]. Shouldn't my time spent with each of them be gift enough?
I should stop before I sound like an even bigger Scrinch (Scrooge + Grinch). I love Christmas. I love the bright sky after a snow storm. Sledding. Hot chocolate. Walking like a Duckguin (Duck + Penguin) and becoming an ice skater even when I don't want to. Sleigh Rides. Christmas music. Time with family. Sugar Cookies. Adding random items to my mom's nativity. Singing with my dad and sister in church and at the State Hospital and Prison. Christmas lights. Family Talent Show on Christmas Eve. Ugly Sweater and White Elephant Parties. Shopping. I'm serious. I love shopping. I stop buying myself gifts at the beginning of December or else I'll open presents on Christmas morning and have to confess to my parents that I already own everything they bought for me.
It's too late to go back and change my procrastinating ways this year, but look out 2008. I'll be ready for you. In fact, maybe I'll start my 2008 Christmas shopping in January. Nah. Who am I kidding? Baby steps is what I need to keep in mind so I'll plan on starting my shopping next year on December 1st.
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Lohra said...

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without panicked gift giving. That's why the day after Thanksgiving is like going suicide bombing.

A STAR is born said...

Tag. You're it. Go to my blog and see wassup.

Milly said...

i am a Christmas shopping procrastinator also!