17 November 2007

Clean-up after yourself and your dog


Nancy and I had a wonderful wake-up smell Friday morning. We were heading to the clubhouse for a Pilates work-out when we noticed something by the door in the lobby. As we got closer, we both looked at the mess and then looked at each other and said SICK! Someone's dog threw up by the door and the owner didn't bother to clean up the mess.
I'm willing to cut the owner some slack if the following happened 1) he or she didn't know the dog threw up and/or 2) it was a stray dog that somehow opened the door to the lobby, threw up and then left.
I came home from work later that day and I held my breath as I entered the building. I entered the code and I heard a beeping sound that meant I entered the wrong code. I was trapped with the throw-up. I finally entered the right code and could breath again. This experience is testing my breath support. Another condo owner wrote a nice note and attached it to the window with band-aids thanking whoever decided to leave the mess.
Fast forward to Saturday morning and my executive decision. I was going to clean the mess if it hadn't been cleaned up. I exited the stairs and smelled the present that was left and knew that I quite possibly would be the one cleaning the mess. I came back from my errands and Stan was walking into the building with a now empty bottle of 409 and I knew he had saved the day, our noses, and the building. I took in a deep breath of the cleaner and thanked Stan for taking care of the mess.

1 comment:

Kaydi Paxman said...

That's disgusting. And very gallant of you to be willing to clean it up!