17 September 2011

A New Home for the Treehouse

My sister called to let me know that today was the big day. The day the treehouse moved to its new home. Memories rushed to my mind as I recalled the time when my Grandpa Bingham built the treehouse for myself and my siblings. For me, the treehouse was and is a safe place; a refuge from the cares and worries in my life and a place where I could be free. The neighborhood children would stop to play in the treehouse on their way home from school and would often write messages inside. I may have also written notes such as Shelley likes Derek or Shelley + Deven=BFF.  I'm glad that my nieces and nephew will be able to enjoy the treehouse and I plan to join them as often as possible. 



 


1 comment:

Tennille said...

I can't believe it's gone!!! Can't wait to see it at your parents house.