03 September 2011

Martha

I remember the days when the lady statue was on display at a gas station but she was often lying on the ground due to vehicles backing into her. Some time ago, she was moved to Martha's Cafe, and naturally became known as Martha. Last summer, I posted a picture of Martha.  We were told she would soon be getting a new dress and then winter came and she was still wearing a bikini. My dad asked the owner if we could put a scarf around her neck, we were given permission, but then Martha was taken down before she could receive her scarf.
Fast forward to this weekend. I was enjoying the Eastern Idaho State Fair parade with family and friends when we saw her. Yes, Martha has returned and now dons a red bikini. I hope she gets more clothing before standing in front of the thriving metropolis of B Town. Please note the bling on her left hand. I hope I'm invited to the wedding.


1 comment:

courtney said...

ha ha ha! We were enjoying the parade too and had just wondered aloud where Martha had gone when TA DA! There she was in all her glory. New bikini, new sparkly diamond (what, like 500 carat?) and a fancy new brunette hairdo. Wowzers!

I love that you snapped a photo. I'm cracking up!