21 May 2011

Let's Get Ready for Rumble*


I have just returned from a week in the Dominican Republic and I am ready to board another plane as the trip was not long enough. Or maybe I want to escape the reality of email, phone calls, and everyday life for another week. When we arrived in the DR, we were met by beautiful people and humidity and I felt my curly hair expand with each passing minute. The drive to the resort provided great scenery and a small taste of life in the DR. Overall, it was a great vacation. No set schedule. Fresh fruit several times each day. Bahama Mama Slushies. Sun. Ocean. Good books. Sun. Great friends. Amazing views. Sun.

People will try to sell anything to people driving by.

Do not ask the ocean waves if that's all they've got because they will cause an injury. I always wanted a scar from the DR.

A marriage proposal from Tyson #1 is something I will always remember. He and Juan Eddie gave us their contact information so we can skype, call, email. We gave them email addresses that we rarely check and I may have received an email which is a story for another day.

Our Italian friends, whom we sat with during the nightly entertainment, had us dancing and singing each night.

Water Aerobics in the ocean is fun, but avoid rocks.

We met Tarzan and fed him some fruit.


*Quote by Fabio Star. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the phrase is Let's get ready TO rumble. Bless his Dominican heart.

No comments: