23 January 2011

I think we're in Rome

Meags and I set out for a quick road trip to Vegas for a wedding. Spending time in 60 degree weather was a minor deciding factor. The farther south we drove, the more I realized that I needed some Vitamin D and time away from the everyday life.

Highlights. In no particular order:

1- You may be in a sketchy neighborhood if everyone at the store watches you walk to your desired aisle and continue gazing until you leave. I like to think they were staring because we radiate beauty.

2- A community in which I will never live has the following street names: Pillow Talk, Snuggling, and Snoring.

3- Bob(RayLynne) and Richard looked so happy and I loved being there for their wedding date. Yay for finding love.


4- Shopping is therapeutic. In a weird way.

5- While in Caesar's Palace, you may overhear someone say, "As I look around, I really think I am in Rome."

6- If the key to your hotel room does not work, it may be a good idea to go back to the front desk rather than attempting to enter the room approximately 1 billion times until you think you hear the top latch on the door. Yes, we were given a key to an occupied room.


7- Driving The Strip at night and then retiring to the hotel for hours of Lock-Up on tv while eating cheesecake is a great way to spend a Friday night.

8- Speeding to pass a semi who continues to enter your lane and could hit you at any moment, may result in a ticket.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love it. Vegas is the best and although not Rome, therapeutic in and of itself. Sounds like a lovely girls trip. Jealous. Next stop...Denver. :)

Kami said...

Sounds like SO much fun! I'm jealous.