28 August 2010

HOPE*FRIENDSHIP*COURAGE


This morning I was a volunteer during the Sweatin' For Sarah 5K, a benefit run for a friend who was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in June. Approximately 400 people attended the event starting at Highland High School, winding through the streets of Sugarhouse and passing Sarah's house before returning to Highland High. My spot was the turn before runners passed Sarah's house and it was emotional to see Sarah greet friends, family, and community members running to raise money for Sarah. I met a couple celebrating their wedding anniversary by running for a person whom they had never met. I'm sure it was overwhelming for Sarah to see how many people love her and support her during this fight. Often, we do not get to see how many people truly care for us while we are living and I vow to make greater effort in this area to give to those around me.

1 comment:

Jennifer Mosher said...

How inspirational and just plain ol' TOUCHING that so many people participated in this race!!!