23 August 2010

Dating advice

I went to Alaska last week(pictures to come. I promise.) and stayed with a family of four. The 7 year old daughter Ainsleigh spent time telling me about dating and marriage. I think my nephew must have talked to her before my trip because I felt I had heard her words before. "Be nice. Go on a date. Say yes when he asks you to marry him." Pretty simple. She gave this advice and then told me that she isn't get married because she wants to be a Spinster and stay home and watch tv all day. I wished her well.
The last night in Anchorage, we went out for dinner. Our male waiter was probably 23 years old and Ainsleigh decided I should date him. Each time the waiter came to our table, she would hit me and look up at the guy and smile. It was awesome. When it was time to go, Ainsleigh and I walked out together and we ran into the waiter. He smiled and said have a great night at which point Ainsleigh jumped up and down in excitement and continued to talk about my future with the waiter. If things work out with the guy whose name I don't know and will never see again, Ainsleigh will definitely be a bridesmaid.

4 comments:

stacie lewis said...

That's great! Such wisdom in the young one..

Jennifer Mosher said...

No she did notttt! ha ha that is hilarious. Reminds me of some of the quirky dating advice my niece's give me. The most profound was "just look on the internet."

Shannon said...

Yeah, it's that simple. Be nice. Say yes. Why didn't you go to Alaska years ago and then we'd both have husbands and not be spinsters who watch tv all day!

Jamie said...

I will have to meet him and make sure he is good enough for you! Can't wait to see pictures.