28 August 2008

Are you ready for some football?

I spend part of my time at a University of Utah health clinic which means that most of the employees are Ute fans. I didn't hide the fact that I am a Cougar fan, but I certainly didn't go around advertising my loyalty. Can't we all just get along? Okay. Maybe that's too much to ask. I'm the first to admit that if I know someone is a die-hard Utah fan, I will be sure to let them know of my love for all things BYU.
I received an email yesterday from my fellow Cougar Mark about a tailgate lunch at the U clinic in honor of BYU football which was followed by emails from the U fans that today is Red Thursday and everyone must dress accordingly. I knew then that today was my day to let them know how I feel so I wore a blue skirt. Walking into Rounds and hearing gasps, two cheers, and lots of mumbling was great. "I thought you were a Utah fan" was the response of one co-worker. Uh, yes, I do enjoy Utah sports, but I love BYU sports.
Mark's office was decorated with red U's, a red chair, red confetti, red jolly ranchers, and anything else they could find. I can't wait to help him decorate the entire office blue.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

My hubby was impressed and proud of your loyalty to the TRUE school. :)

Go Cougs!

Matt and Lisa said...

I am really disappointed to hear how much blue runs through your veins. Matt (my husband - yes I have one) is a complete BYU fan and I am completely opposite. Life at home is so fun...especially during football season!

Jason and Abby said...

I'm so proud of you! I heart BYU!

Unknown said...

Go Utes!!!!

Lohra said...

I'll help too! I will! Those dirty Utes!