11 August 2008

And the winnner is...Coventry

Ah, the blessed Olympics are finally here. My friends and I were watching swimming on Saturday night and I missed the end of one of the semifinals. I asked my friend Joe(name may have been changed) who won and he/she said "Coventry. I've never heard of that country before." I pondered for a moment and then realized he/she must mean that the last name of the winner is Coventry, not the country they are from. At this moment, Joe turned to me and said "Uh, the last name is Coventry. She's from Zimbabwe. I was confused because her swim cap says Coventry." Good recovery Joe.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I forgot about the senior class vice president thing! thanks for rubbing salt in the would, 12 years later. JUST KIDDING!

you're awesome ... we did have some fun times together huh? :)

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Awesome. Sounds like something I would do!! If I were to name a country, I may name it that though. Has a good ring to it!

P-dub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P-dub said...

This Joe character's a little slow, no? But, he or she is probably really good looking to make up for it, right?