06 April 2012

A Home for Books

It's no mystery that I love and purchase a lot of books and needed a new bookshelf. Enter IKEA. I enlisted Meags assistance in picking out a bookshelf and we had a great time riding around the store and doing dance dares along the way. A shout-out to my hashtag friends who came to the bookshelf construction party only to discover a large dent in one side which lead to the return trip to the retailer for an exchange. I choose to focus on the calories burned from carrying the boxes twice rather than the black marks on clothing and random bruising. 

Bookshelf Delivery, Round I:

Making our way to the condo:

Assembling the bookshelf, Round II:

Putting together a bookshelf can be exhausting and at times, a nap is needed:

Me and my bookshelf:

I sent this picture to Lucy(mom) for a couple of reasons. 1- to show what I had done and 2- to enlist her help in organizing the books as I knew the librarian in her would go a bit crazy seeing how the books are currently placed. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shel, are those encyclopedias? cool!!!!

Ralph Mortensen said...

Nice bookcase.
Lucy has looked over the situation. You can't stack books(lower right)
Rufus says not to cover the vent(again, lower right).