13 February 2011

Back to the Sun

Meags, Shan, and I ran away to Vegas for sun, shopping, and rugby. We stayed with Meags family in Mesquite Thursday night and then continued our journey to Vegas on Friday morning. This was Shan's first official visit to the 'city' so we did our best to show her the time of her life, including a picture by the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. I admit that I usually smile and laugh at people taking their picture in front of the sign so this was a first for me.

Saturday was spent at the USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament which included teams from New Zealand, England, South Africa, Japan, Fiji, and several more. This was Shan's first experience with rugby and by the end of the day, I think she is a fan. Some guys from England sat behind us and provided entertaining commentary throughout the event. After rugby, we continued to shop and then crashed at the hotel.










Even though I didn't want to return to much colder Utah, having sun kissed skin and great memories will carry me until Spring and Summer.

No comments: