09 September 2008

Life is funny

I stepped near my closet this morning and the carpet under my feet was wet. I looked around and there wasn't a bottle of water or anything else that could have soaked the carpet. The baseboard next to my closet had mold and I opened the door to where the AC is located and found more mold. I've been out of town for over a week so I didn't notice the problem before. I laughed as I thought about my experience as an assistant estimator at Servicemaster and was grateful to know people who could help me. I called my friend Duane who works with AC's and he said to check the filter and he would come by later in the day. I called Michelle at Servicemaster and soon Father Bob was at my place to see what he could do. He cleaned the filter for me and told me to stop by the office to get a fan to dry the carpet and he told me how to take care of the mold. I called Jen who owns the condo and told her what happened and what was being done to remedy the situation and she was grateful the situation was being taken care of. So now, I am dealing with the mold, drying the carpet, and organizing my room.In the midst of the mold infestation, I received an interesting phone call. The person on the other line said they worked for Medicaid in Idaho and they were investigating a company I worked for 7 years ago. I asked for more information and was told that Medicaid wants to interview me about my time working for this company, but I did not need to worry because I had done nothing wrong. She asked if she could drive from Boise today to meet with me, but I said today wasn't a good day so she's coming tomorrow. I should also mention that the interview is expected to last 2-3 hours.

5 comments:

Telle said...

YAY! for ServiceMaster and Father Bob. Good thing you had the phone number. Sorry you had to start out the day in such a fun way. Hope it's dry by this evening.

Leah Marie said...

I'm so intrigued by this interview. I do hope you update us when its over!

Sorry about the mold!

Teachinfourth said...

The adventures never seem to cease with you, do they?

Kaydi Paxman said...

Good luck! My old place in SLC flooded a sew times, always makes for a fun time. Just call Robert, that's what I did. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That interview sounds a bit unnerving. Is she going to hook you up to a lie detector or will you have to go into the witness protection program when you rat someone out?