28 May 2008

Time for a Change

As much as I say I don't like change, I do enjoy the challenge of new situations. Usually, a change for me consists of coloring my hair or growing it out or cutting it or switching brands of deodorant. This week, I've decided to change something that will have a far greater impact on my life than whether I buy Dove and Lady Speedstick deodorant- I got a new job. I hadn't planned on changing jobs because I love what I do, but an opportunity for advancement and better pay came along and I decided to go for it. I'm still working for the state, but I won't be working in the brain injury unit anymore. Instead, I'll be working in the Neurobehavior HOME clinic and will split my time between the clinic near the U and my current office. I love that there is a team of nurses, doctors, psychologists, and psychiatrists in one office working together to best meet the needs of each client. I enjoyed my time working in the brain injury unit and I will miss my clients and coordinating the Brain Injury Support Group, but I know I'll continue to be involved in brain injury prevention and awareness efforts. All you fellow bloggers and blog stalkers better wear helmets when biking, 4 wheeling, etc. Besides, there's isn't much chance that I'll be your social worker when you crash and are injured when not wearing a helmet so now is the time to protect your head.

2 comments:

Milly said...

CONGRATS!!
So excited for this great change for you!

You know me...
I always wear a helmet :)
I have contemplated wearing it causally also.

Shannon said...

Yippee for change! I'm happy for ya!