08 January 2013

The Polar Bear and the Nativity

We have a tradition in my family. Wait. My siblings and I have a tradition in which we place random objects in my mom's nativity each Christmas and brace ourselves for the discovery of placed items. Well, I thought about items I could place in the nativity but then forgot about it until it was too late.

My sister Pip called today and asked if I was the one who placed the polar bear next to the animals in the nativity and I started to laugh and wished I had been that clever. We went through each sibling(didn't take long since there are only 3 of us) and decided it must have been our dad or one of Pip's kids. Meanwhile, my mom is blaming me and my sister and the following picture was sent via text because "the polar bear will haunt you until you come clean about what you did."


My sister called me a few minutes ago and the case of the polar bear has been solved. She picked up her kids from school and asked her oldest if he had placed something in the nativity and apparently grandma had already asked him because he said "Why does everyone think I am the one who did it?" And then laughter came from the backseat and my seven year old nieces cover was blown. That sneaky little girl. In her defense, she claims grandma gave her permission to place the polar bear in the nativity. Grandma says she was given permission to play with the bear and it was found in the Christmas tree (along with an eagle) before finding his home next to the cattle in the nativity. I'm already preparing for next Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! love the tradition.

Kami said...

Haha! That is so great!