16 January 2012

I Like to Move It

I dread going to the gym the first two weeks of the new year due to the masses deciding to change their life and  treadmills are difficult to find and the trainers are super eager to get new clients. In an effort to be more cordial to the new gymers, I have assembled a list of things I have learned at the gym. 

1) If you get hungry before or after your workout, you now have the option of choosing chips and/or a chocolate bar. Let's call this job security for gym employees.


2) If you decide to make-out in the Cardio Cinema room, please go to a corner where people won't bump into you when they first walk in and their eyes are adjusting to the dark room. It is awkward for all parties, even if it makes for a great story.

3) One more note on kissing couples. Sure, it's adorable that you sit side by side while biking and share a water bottle and towel, but must you lean clear over to be closer and then kiss every few minutes? In their defense, maybe they were merely encouraging one another while biking "uphill."

4) Always remember that you are in a public place while running. Yes, it can be easy to get caught up in the moment and begin screaming or clapping while viewing your favorite show or sporting event, but try to hold it in.

5) You can pick the movie being played in Cardio Cinema. Uh, I mean. I get to pick the movie being played and would like to keep it that way.

6) Wearing ear plugs is necessary during kick boxing. Trust me. I am fairly certain the music volume exceeds the approved decibel level set by the EPA.

7) Sure, keeping a low profile at the gym is great, BUT, once in awhile, look up and smile. You may just meet someone new.

5 comments:

FastForwardingThroughLife said...

How did you know I joined the shamed-into-the-new-year gym folks? I may be too uncoordinated to work out. Awkward!

Tennille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tennille said...

And that is why I work out at home! Oh, what am I saying? That is why I have the OPTION of working out at home...

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

Thank you for the laugh today!!

Kami said...

Shelley! What a great post! I have to admit that while on the treadmill I often sing out loud. I just can't help it!