29 September 2009

Love you much

The phone rang at 7:46a and I took a deep breath as I prepared myself for what was going to be said. You see, receiving a call from home at that time of the morning is rarely a good thing. "Shelley, Grandma passed away at 3a this morning. Your mom and I were with her until midnight and knew it wouldn't be long before she let go. " I numbly listened for a few minutes and then hung up the phone.
So many memories flooded my head as I thought about her life and all that she has taught me. In many ways, she was not only my grandma, but also a second mom. As a young girl, myself and my brother briefly lived with my grandparents while our parents were dealing with some major health problems and since that time I have had a special connection with my grandma.
My almost 4 year-old niece said it best when she spoke these words after hearing about grandma, "Heaven came and got Grandma Bingham."


Love you much grandma.

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry Shelley! I'm sure her positive influence on you will be a positive influence on others.

Suedles said...

So sorry Shells! If you need anything, please call.

Jason and Abby said...

I'm sorry Shells. Jason just lost his grandpa a few months ago. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Knowing you I'm sure she was a wonderful woman.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

It is so cool that you have so many memories with her! How neat that you were able to know her at least for a brief period. Um, she seriously looks awesome...she's rockin it in Heaven, you know it...

Jennifer Mosher said...

I hope the funeral runs smoothly, and that your time with the rest of the family is well-spent this weekend.

The Brandon Biz said...

I'm sorry Shells....it's so hard to lose someone you love.

stacie lewis said...

I know what you mean whenever mom or dad call really early or late at night I start to panic. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and hope you are okay!!

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I was so excited to see your comment on my blog. I added you to my list hope you don't mind. I'm sure I will see you around the holidays when I am out there.