04 March 2009

On Hold

The following is my most recent phone conversation with Syden:

"Hi Shae!"
"Hey Sy. How are you?"
"Good. I'm drawing a picture on papa's computer."
"Fun. How is school?"
"I like it."

Syden then started talking to his sister and stopped talking to me. I patiently waited and eventually Sy began talking to me again. Until...

"Shae, can you hold on?"
"Uh, I guess so. Why?" "Sy?" No answer, but I can hear him talking. "Sy? Give the phone to grandma. Sy?"

After what seemed like an hour, Syden picked up the phone and said he stopped talking to me so he could finish his drawing on the computer.

"Love you Shae. Bye."
"Love you too! Bye."

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahh, to the have the attention span of a kid again...oh wait, I'm glad I don't have the attention span of a kid. But I do kind of love to draw pictures so maybe I would have put you on hold too.

Ralph Mortensen said...

The picture turned out good. He has a great time drawing, but he sure loves to talk with Shae.

Ralph Mortensen said...

Sy loves to draw and does a good job, but most of all he loves to talk with Shae.