18 January 2009

More flour?

"Can I help?"
"Sure," I responded as Syden ran to the bathroom to wash his hands before I had finished telling him he could help make tortillas.

Syden stood on a stool with a look of excitement and wonder as we mixed flour, baking powder, salt, shortening, and water to make what he liked to call 'stickiness.' His favorite part of making the tortillas was rolling the dough into a flat circle. It became a competition to see who could roll the most balls of dough and Syden was kind enough to allow me to roll 2 of the 15 balls of dough-he's such a fierce competitor. I impressed the crowd of one as I flipped the tortillas in the pan and at that moment, I knew I had a loyal fan for life.

5 comments:

Ralph Mortensen said...

Thanks for the memories. The entertainment was great and so was the food. You do a lot to add to the happiness of our family.
Thanks, Dad rufus

Christina said...

Shells,
what fun!! Hey I'm giving you an award - come see my blog for details.

Jason and Abby said...

You look good covered in flour! It looks like you two had a lot of fun!

The Brandon Biz said...

I can't believe he is so old.....reminds me of some Centennial times in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm a loyal fan too...homemade tortillas?!